Teacher for Presidents Leadership Class

Fall 2007, Spring 2008



Probably the most rewarding experience I have had is teaching the Presidents Leadership Class.

Now before you discount this as a Student Council, please take a look at our curriculum.

This class taught me how to make an actual change, build communities, measure effectiveness, and understand a global impact.

But instead of doing this theoretically, we read peer reviewed sources to learn. We go out and actually make the difference.

As a teacher, I worked with 10 of CU's top students each semester. Each week's lesson plan took me over 5 hours to make.

One week I gave the students 1 hour to make a real difference - they handed candy outside of classes.

Another week I asked my students to debate Cultural Relativism vs. Kant's Imperative (with the small twist that they had to argue the side they disagreed with)

I was not only a teacher, I was a friend. We did so many actiivities outside of class, and we still keep in touch.

I graded 100's of pages of papers and helped students think critically about the decisions they wanted to make.